The KNXCONVERTER converts KNX telegrams into ASCII code and vice versa. It makes it easy to integrate third-party applications. The device sends the data via TCP, UDP (unicast or multicast) as well as HTTP. Thanks to the simple structure of the KNXCONVERTER protocol (ASCII commands), the integration is as simple as possible. A KNX/TP connection and the integrated KNXnet/IP server provide the connection to KNX.
The number of data points is unlimited. The values of all group addresses are stored in an address state table which can be read by third-party applications. Different KNX worlds with the same group addresses can be distinguished by a system ID. The upload of ETS4 and ETS5 project data simplifies the creation of ASCII commands by using identifiers and data types. In addition, the KNXCONVERTER can also be used as a programming interface for the ETS. You configure this device platform-independently via a web interface.
The KNXCONVERTER translates KNX telegrams into a simple ASCII protocol (KNXCONVERTER protocol) and vice versa. Easily integrate non-KNX systems without detailed knowledge of the KNX protocol. Use either TCP or UDP to configure individual solutions.
With the help of the KNXCONVERTER, which can also be used as an IP router and programming interface for the ETS, the advantages of different systems can be easily combined. In this way, you create new added value for your customers while simultaneously optimizing costs.
- Operating voltage: 12 – 32V DC
- Typical power input 300 mA at 12 V DC
- Power input: <= 5W
- Connection: power supply via pluggable screw terminal
- Environmental conditions: EN 50090-2-2
- Ambient temperature: –5 to +35°C
- Storage temperature: –10 to +60°C
- Relative humidity (non-condensing): 5% to 80%
- Mounting: DIN-Rail 8 TE
- Measures (WxHxD) in mm: 140 x90 x 63
- Chassis: plastic
- Protection class: IP20 (nach EN 60529)
- KNX over screw clamp (Twisted Pair)
- Ethernet over RJ45-Buchse
- Configuration: over Webinterface
- Operating system: any
- Communication: network interface
- Browser: modern browsers